Saturday, May 17, 2008



Today (Friday) we visited the Cript Dei Cippucinni, which is a crypt where 3,000 monks are now “housed.” By housed I mean, theire skeletons are on display here. For 1 euro you can go in (no pictures please!) and look at the bones of these monks. Full skeletons, some with open mouths as if gasping for air, are located throughout the five or so chambers. It was pretty interesting! After that we climbed up towards the Spanish Steps where I got ripped off 15 euro by some gentleman who made me a “gift” bracelet, then charged me and refused the answer “non.” So I paid him. It’s part of the experience! You live, you learn, right? I know how to handle that situation now. After that we went to an overlook on top of one of Rome’s 7 hills and viewed the Vatican from afar. Amazing! Finally, Dom, Jared and I stopped in Giorgio Armani to look at suit prices. To us, this was entertainment. For only 1,450 euro ($2,300) you can have a fantastic suit! I don’t think I’ll be shopping there anytime soon, it’s a little out of my price range. After that we walked back and I made bruchetta and have been hanging out, reading, and enjoying the sounds of Rome right outside my apartment. Ciao!

No comments: