Saturday, May 17, 2008

First Week in Rome Done!



Good morning everyone! It's a beautiful, sunny Saturday morning in Rome! Last night our power went out..so we hung in our apartment by candlelight and just chatted. After a while we went out and got some Gelatti and then Jared and I went back and just hung out, while Dom, Cole, and Brian rode the tram down to the city and then walked to the Colosseum. They said it was great! When we woke up this morning our power was on, Cole fixed it by going into the basement and flipping some switches. After we all got ready this morning we walked down and met everyone at the museum. It was a great time. The art was amazing, and we even got to see the original Marble Faun, which is one of the books we are reading by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I took some pretty decent pictures at the museum, so I will post a few. The view from inside the museum looking out at the Forum was great. We even got on top of the building and got the best view of Rome yet. Right now I am sitting in the school typing this, since my internet time is few and far between. I apologize if all the blog posts seem to be on the same day, but they're actually from various times throughout the week. I'll try to make sure that I specify which day is which. After this we'll be heading back and hanging out. No class tomorrow so I'm sure we'll find something to do tonight. We are going to try and watch the Penguins game tomorrow, all the other ones have been on so I'm sure this will as well. I swear Jared and I are the only Penguins fans here. Hopefully they win. Go Pens! Ciao!

No comments: