Thursday, May 15, 2008

Photography in Rome


As you all probably know, I'm a (new) photo geek. The Collegian back at Penn State helped shape me into that. Anyways, photography in Rome is huge. This most likely comes as no surprise. With thousands of monuments, paintings, scenic areas and other interest points, there is no shortage of stuff to photograph. I've noticed that most people in Rome (not just the Romans) are shooting with Nikons, which scares me because I'm a Canon kind of guy! There is also no shortage of large format D-SLRs (digital- single lens reflex) cameras, which is what I use. So I feel like I fit in! I've also been seeing more and more professional looking photographers as I walk around, which is always good to see. These people can give me ideas on what to shoot, how to shoot it, and even a peek into how photography in Italy is viewed.

2 comments:

Michael Tumolo said...

Wait until you see us with our big plastic Holga.

Unknown said...

Shane,

I too am a lover of photography and am right now so jealous of you, lucky boy! I own a Canon but have always been curious about Nikons.
I expect to be invited to a "photo show" when you get back!

XXOO
Colleen (and Whitey too)