Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Bingo!

Monday night Jared, Dom, Brian and myself decided to go play bingo at the parlor down on Viale Di Trastevere. Jared had went down earlier in the day and won a decently large (137,00 euro) amount of money, so we went again to try out luck. We sat at a table with two women who spoke no english at all, they even asked us how to say "yes" in english. It was pretty amazing. I had never played bingo before (in a real bingo parlor), so starting off in an Italian one was probably not the best idea. They called the numbers out at a rate I didn't think was possible. We just happened to find this place last week while walking down Viale Di Trastevere, so with nothing to really do last night what better idea than to play bingo and spend a few euro! I hadn't really thought of Rome as a place with gambling, but after walking in this place and a few others along Viale Di Trastevere, I am seeing more and more slot machines. I have pretty good luck back in the states, but I don't wanna push it here. I think I am going to venture even farther down Viale Di Trastevere tomorrow and see what other gems I can find! On the bright side, I can now count to 90 in Italian! Ciao!

No comments: