Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Piazza Navona Photography

After spending more time in Piazza Navona than any other space in Rome, I have had the chance to see some great artwork. The one thing that strikes me as interesting though is that out of the dozens of artists who have booths set up in Piazza Navona, I have only seen one that sells original photos from Rome. I strolled over there the other afternoon on my way to Kevin's apartment and found that, sadly, the photos were nothing special. The photographs that were being sold were of sites that anyone can photograph, anytime they want. Ever since the age of digital photography it seems very unrealistic to set up a booth selling photos that anyone can take with a little time and patience. I am not trying to sound cocky at all, but the photos of the Colosseum that were for sale were not of as good a quality as mine are. If I would have thought that I had a chance to make some money off of my photos here in Rome I would have set up a booth weeks ago! I do give these gentleman credit though, they are trying to use their talents to support themselves. I just can't justify spending 10 Euro on a photo that I can take by myself.

No comments: