Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Viale Di Trastevere-May 26, 2008

So last night after our dinner I ventured into Trastevere, but this time I went down the end of town that I had not visited before. It was a split second decision to go for a walk, and I walked out without my camera (this is at least the 5th time I have done this), so next time I will take pictures of this area. For those of you who do not know, Trastevere literally means "Across the Tiber", which is the famous river that runs through downtown Rome. The area is quaint, and is less touristy than other areas. Our apartment is situated in the section of Trastevere that is about 1/2 mile from the end of the Trastevere limits.
Anyways, the area I found last night is beautiful. The tram tracks are tree lined (unlike the other parts of the city), the buildings are newer, and the roads are wider. It reminded me of parts of Pittsburgh, such as Mt. Washington. There is also restaurant after restaurant after restaurant! So much food to try, and so little time to try it!
I'm beginning to find little shortcuts around town as well, saving me a few minutes when trying to get from point A to B. This is also a great time to find the little restaurants, shops, and markets that so commonly line the back, unknown streets of Rome.

No comments: